Hey everyone, Katie here! With the start of the new year, it is the perfect time to try a new technique. I wanted to share with you one of my favorites- painting galaxies/night scenes! This is a really fun technique, and after painting it on wood you have a lovely piece of art to hang on your wall!
- A wood base, I used the Medallion Thin Plaques and a Scallop Serving Board.
- Black Gesso
- Acrylic Paints- recommend colors are black, navy, aqua, light pink, magenta, white
- Paint Brush
- Painting Sponge
- Tooth Brush
- Start by giving the Medallion Plaque a coat of black gesso, let dry.
2. Add drops of each color of paint onto a palette.
3. Use a painting sponge to apply the light pink and magenta onto the plaque you just want a couple of swirly lines.
4. Repeat step 3. with light blue and navy paint…
View original post 239 more words